Yes. Students seeking a non-work study, fun, on-campus job that fits your busy schedule are encouraged to apply and work with us. As one of the largest employers of students on campus, we offer flexible, part-time, and on-call positions in catering, concessions, and in our dining spaces, all located minutes from your classes; on-the-job training is provided.
Many off-campus students eat one or more of their meals on-campus each day. When eating at our Retail locations, our Off-Campus/Commuter Meal Plan will save you time and money. Looking to purchase an Off-Campus/Commuter Meal Plan? Meal plans can be purchased on-line. If you have questions please email us MPO@uvm.edu.
We are committed to having safe options for student with food allergies, intolerance, and other medical needs. We have a variety of food allergy stations available on-campus and a Registered Dietitian that meets with students to ensure their needs are being met. For more information, visit our Nutrition section.
If you are sick and unable to go to a dining facility, you can authorize a friend to use your ID and pick up a meal for you. Print the Meal Access Authorization Form, complete, sign and give to your friend along with your UVM ID. The transaction is for one Meal or up to $15.00 in Retail Points depending on the location used. One form is needed for each meal request.
EcoWare is our reusable take-out container program that will look a little different this fall.
In the Traditional Dining Halls:
EcoWare is available every day for students to take one meal to-go, per meal period from the traditional dining halls.
- Ask your cashier for an EcoWare container (a flat box or soup container).
- Fill your EcoWare with food from the dining hall (we just ask that it closes).
- Enjoy your meal.
- Return your dirty EcoWare container to any dining outlet or blue EcoWare return bin located around campus. This is an important part of the process; if containers are not returned, we cannot sustain the program.
- When you want your next EcoWare meal to-go ask your cashier for another clean container.
- And then the cycle repeats.
There are blue EcoWare return bins located in the following ResHall complexes:
- Harris Millis
- University Heights North
- University Heights South
Check out our waste reduction programs.