Providing you with healthy options is something your dining team proudly does every day. We help you select delicious, nutritious and satisfying meals, snacks and desserts by highlighting well-balanced menu choices and providing nutritional information and tips to help you make choices that fit your needs.
TALK TO US ABOUT YOUR FOOD ALLERGIES!
We take pride in sourcing wholesome ingredients, preparing recipes accurately and providing nutritional analysis and ingredient statements through our online menus and nutrition calculator. We are also passionate about serving students. All managers at every on-campus dining location has completed AllertrainU, an Allergen & Gluten-free Food Service Certified Training. From general manager to front line servers, we work diligently to address students’ specific needs, especially those with food allergies, Celiac disease, or special diet needs.
A team approach led by you, our educated consumer, is the best preparation for a safe school year free of allergic reactions. We want to meet one-on-one with all of our customers who have individual dining needs to ensure that your dining experience is safe, delicious, and social. If you have a food allergy/special diet concern, please contact our Registered Dietitian, Nicole Rohrig, MS, RD, CD.
KITCHEN AREAS, STATIONS & SIGNAGE
- A designated allergen-free "My Zone" is located in all unlimited dining facilities. These areas contain food and equipment such as toasted restricted to gluten-free foods.
- Simple Servings is available at Harris Millis Dining, The Marketplace and Central Campus Dining, offering a hot plated entree at lunch and dinner free of the top seven allergens. For all of these approaches, measures are taken to reduce the risks of cross-contact with gluten or allergens as much as possible.
- Our menuing system provides ingredient statements specifically highlighting the top eight allergens: milk, eggs, shellfish, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy. Guests may check on the presence of allergens prior to planning their meals using the online menu and nutrition calculator. The absence of an allergen listed on product signage is not a guarantee that the product is free of that allergen. The guest is responsible to communicated their allergy, consult a manager and may see labels from actual ingredients upon request.
- Respect the need of others and all dining area
- Wash your hands, especially when changing zones
- Use the gloves provided
- Only use designated equipment and utensils for each zone
At UVM Dining we understand that no two customers eat the same. Some of our customers have specific dietary needs related to medical, religious and/or cultural reasons. That is why UVM Dining offers specialized services in addition to a wide variety of foods that cater to our customers' dietary needs and preferences. For those customers with food allergies, intolerance, or medical needs we offer programs such as: My Zone, Simple Servings, and our Mindful program. We also offer vegan and vegetarian options across campus.
We have a certified Kosher Kitchen located on Redstone Campus. It is designated as a meat/parve kitchen and is operated by Vermont Kosher LLC, under the Orthodox Rabbinical supervision of Chabad of Vermont. Hot Kosher meals are served Sunday - Thursday from 5P - 7:30P at Redstone Unlimited and cold to go meals in Given Bistro, Redstone Market, The Marketplace, University Marche, and Waterman Cafe. In addition the University Marche and Redstone Market feature a line of Kosher grocery items, including pre-packaged frozen entrees.
All of our dining areas provide Passover offerings for the holiday. In addition, UVM Dining in collaboration with Hillel at UVM, provide Kosher-style catering for Shabbat dinners and their annual Seder meal.
Murray's chicken on-campus is certified Halal and is available at Brennan's, Harris Millis and for catering functions. Please speak to one of our dining managers if you have questions regarding specific ingredients in a dish. Additionally, we are able to make accommodations fro students fasting for religious purposes.
Please fee free to contact our Registered Dietitian, Nicole Rohrig, MS, RD, CD. It is UVM Dining's goal to provide a safe and enjoyable dining experience for everyone.
A collection of healthy and flavorable recipes with an emphasis on the use of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Each Mindful meal contains:
- 600 calories for less
- 35% or less of total calories from fat
- 800mg or less of sodium
Learn more about our Mindful program!