Fall 2020 - Opening
Welcome! UVM Dining has always prioritized the health and safety of our guests and staff. Keeping with recent changes, we are implementing new standards and technology which adhere to the Vermont Department of Health regulations, the University’s Green and Gold Promise and Our Common Ground. Please understand that there may be modifications to these practices and refer back often for updates.
- Face coverings are required until you sit down to dine.
- Wash your hands often and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Please do not enter campus facilities if you feel sick.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines: Floor decals, directional arrows and other visuals will be in place to assistance with spacing and flow. Tables and chairs will be re-configured to abide by physical distancing requirements.
- Maximum occupancy limits will be monitored.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned frequently: all four dining halls will close for one hour between meals to sanitize spaces.
- Dining staff will participate in frequent wellness checks.
- Self-service areas will become served stations, with the exception of beverage options. Only single-use cups can be used; no refilling of reusable mugs for coffee, hot water, fountain beverages or water in the dining halls.
- Expanded grab-n-go items will be located throughout campus dining locations.
- Mobile food ordering will provide convenience and touchless payment, register today.
- The University Marché will feature three new stations serving burritos and tacos, Asian-inspired cuisine and sushi. Visit fan favorites like the bagel station and Sprout, our dedicated vegan station.
- Cyber Cafe, Brennan's and Waterman Manor will be closed due to occupancy needs and programming for fall semester.
- Green Roof Deli, New World Tortilla and the entree station at The Marketplace will be mobile food ordering only.
- Meals to-go will be available 7-days a week for all meal periods via mobile ordering from the traditional dining halls.
- Simple Servings and Four, our food allergen entrée stations, will continue to serve meals to students. Meals will be available for dine-in or via mobile ordering.
- MyZone, our gluten, peanut and tree nut-free pantry areas, will no longer be self-service, they will be served to you and available in all of our traditional dining halls.
- We encourage students with special dietary needs to connect with our Registered Dietitian Nicole.Reilly@uvm.edu to learn more about offerings and set up additional accommodations.
First-time, first-year students will begin on the Unlimited Access Meal Plan. All students have the ability to switch meal plans during the first two weeks of each semester. This must be completed by September 14 for the fall semester. Learn more about our Unlimited Access Plan, Flex Plan and Retail Point Plan.
For the first two days of arrival quarantine, three meals per day will be delivered to your residence hall while waiting for your test results. Once your initial test comes back negative, students will be allowed to visit the dining hall by cohort at assigned times to pick up their meals. Food items during quarantine will only be available in to-go packaging and students will not be allowed to eat in the dining hall. Bottled beverages and non-perishable snacks will also be provided. Check out our Quarantine Menu.
Dining Services will accommodate food preference (for example, vegetarian/vegan) as well as food allergies/intolerances and special dietary needs. It is the student's responsibility to communicate any dietary needs to the UVM Dining Dietitian at Nicole.Reilly@uvm.edu.
The meal plan for the fall 2020 semester begins at dinner on August 25, 2020. Students will be charged $187.50 for the 30 meals from dinner on August 14 -25, 2020. This will be billed directly to your student account.
Learn more about UVM's policies and procedures about quarantine for move-in.
For the health and safety of our community, while in exposure quarantine or isolation due to symptoms, students will not be allowed to go to the dining hall for meals. During this time, students will receive three meals per day, delivered to their residence hall. Breakfast and lunch will be provided as a cold entree, and dinner will be served as a hot entree. Bottled beverages and non-perishable snacks will also be provided. All meals and snacks will be deducted from their meal plan; there is no additional charge. Check out our Quarantine Menu.
Dining Services will accommodate food preferences (for example, vegetarian/vegan) as well as food allergies/intolerances and special dietary needs. It is the student's responsibility to communicate any dietary needs to the UVM Dining Dietitian at Nicole.Reilly@uvm.edu.
Learn more about UVM's policies and procedures about exposure quarantine.
While we have increased take-out options to accommodate occupancy limits, we are also committed to reducing plastic packaging, minimizing our impact on the environment. We have invested heavily in our EcoWare carryout program, purchasing new reusable containers, expanding the program’s pick up locations and removing any barriers to participation. In order to keep this option available, we must have these containers returned regularly.
• All four dining halls (Central Campus, Harris Millis, Northside and Redstone Unlimited) will be either dine-in (with occupancy limits) or take-out using EcoWare via mobile ordering.
- EcoWare is available 7-days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- No membership required.
- EcoWare is approved by the Department of Health and properly sanitized by Dining.
- Return dirty containers promptly to any dining facility or designated drop off location.
- EcoWare will also be available in our retail locations.