UVM Dining has always prioritized the health and safety of our guests and staff. Keeping with recent changes, we are implementing new standards and technology which adhere to the Vermont Department of Health regulations, the University’s Green and Gold Promise and Our Common Ground. Please understand that there may be modifications to these practices and refer back often for updates.
- Face masks are required until you sit down to dine.
- Wash your hands often and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Please do not enter campus facilities if you feel sick.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines: Floor decals, directional arrows and other visuals are in place to assistance with spacing and flow.
- Tables and chairs are re-configured to abide by physical distancing requirements.
- Respect posted table occupancy limits and please keep tables and chairs in place to maintain physical distancing.
- Maximum occupancy limits will be monitored.
- Please no lingering in the dining spaces after you have dined.
- High-touch areas are cleaned frequently: all four dining halls will close for one hour between lunch and dinner to sanitize spaces. Listed below is the one-hour each dining hall will be closed:
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- Harris Millis Dining:3:30PM - 4:30PM
- Redstone Dining: 2:30PM - 3:30PM
- Northside Dining: 2:30PM - 3:30PM
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- Additional plexiglass partitions are installed at cashier stations and counter tops.
- Our traditional dining halls are for dine-in with occupancy limits or to-go through our mobile food ordering app, Bite Universities.
- You can use up to three "Meal" swipes per meal period, for either dine-in, mobile ordering or combination in the dining halls. The 2-hour delay has been eliminated. Below are the meal start times:
- Breakfast opening till 11:00AM
- Lunch starts at 11:00AM
- Dinner starts at 4:30PM
- Weekend Brunch starts at 10AM Harris Millis and Northside Dining
- Weekend Brunch starts at 11AM Central Campus and Redstone Dining
- Mobile to-go orders from our traditional dining halls through our Bite Universities app allow for one entree, and two sides per order.
- In our retail locations the Bite Universities app provides convenience and touchless payment.
- Self-service areas are served stations, with the exception of beverage options. Only single-use cups can be used; no refilling of reusable mugs for coffee, hot water, fountain beverages or water in the dining halls.
- The University Marché opened three new stations this fall serving burritos and tacos, Asian-inspired cuisine and sushi. Plus, fan favorites like the bagels and our dedicated vegan station.
- The Marketplace and University Marché offers a Meal Exchange (one "Meal" swipe equals one entree, one side and one beverage); Monday - Thursday 4:30PM - 7:30PM.
- Brennan's, Cyber Cafe, Waterman Café, and Waterman Manor will remain closed for spring semester due to occupancy needs and programming.
- Campus Perk is mobile ordering only.
- Redstone Market expanded their hours on Saturday and Sunday to Noon - 9PM.
- Dining staff participate in daily wellness checks.
- Stations are attended by staff members wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as gloves and masks.
- Enhanced hand-washing procedures are in place and gloves are changed frequently.
- Dining staff follows enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Six foot physical distancing workstations within kitchens and prep areas.
- Simple Servings and Four, our food allergen entrée stations, will continue to serve meals to students.
- MyZone, our gluten, peanut and tree nut-free pantry areas, will no longer be self-service, they will be served to you and available in all of our traditional dining halls. Learn more about MyZone at each dining hall on our 'Nutrition' section.
- We encourage students with special dietary needs to connect with our Registered Dietitian Nicole Reilly, MS, CD to learn more about offerings and set up additional accommodations.
For the health and safety of our community, while in exposure quarantine or isolation, students will not be allowed to go to the dining hall for meals. During this time, students will pick up meals and beverages from a designated space in your quarantine residence. All meals and snacks are covered by your meal plan.
UVM Dining will accommodate food preferences (for example, vegetarian/vegan) as well as food allergies/intolerances and special dietary needs. This information will be collected by the UVM Student Health Services and communicated to UVM Dining. If you have any questions or concerns about meals in quarantine or isolation please contact the UVM Dining Registered Dietitian at Nicole Reilly, MS, CD.
Learn more about UVM's policies and procedures about exposure quarantine.
While we have increased take-out options to accommodate occupancy limits, we are also committed to reducing plastic packaging, minimizing our impact on the environment. We have invested heavily in our EcoWare carryout program, purchasing new reusable containers, expanding the program’s pick up locations and removing any barriers to participation. In order to keep this option available, we must have these containers returned regularly.
• All four dining halls (Central Campus, Harris Millis, Northside and Redstone Dining) will be either dine-in (with occupancy limits) or take-out using EcoWare through our mobile food ordering app.
- EcoWare is available 7-days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- No membership required.
- EcoWare is approved by the Department of Health and properly sanitized by Dining.
- Return dirty containers promptly to any dining facility or designated drop off location.
- EcoWare will also be available in our retail locations.