UVM Dining has always prioritized the health and safety of our guests and staff. We adhere to the Vermont Department of Health regulations, the University’s Green and Gold Promise and Our Common Ground. Please understand that there may be modifications; refer back often for updated guidelines and info.
- Your CatCard is for your own personal use only.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed into our traditional dining halls or retail spaces.
- Our dining stations are full-service and self-service; as a reminder all students must bring a clean plate or cup to the station with each visit.
- There is no refilling of personal beverage containers in the traditional dining hall locations; water refilling stations are located around campus.
- Service animals allowed, no pets.
- Shoes and Shirt required.
- Traditional Dining Halls accept the following tenders: Meals, Retail Points, CAT$cratch, Credit and Debit cards (no cash)
- Retail Locations accept the following tenders: Retail Points, CAT$cratch, Credit and Debit cards, and Cash (cash only at Given Bistro and The Marketplace)
- Our traditional dining halls are for dine-in (or a meal to-go once per meal period, meal periods start at the following times):
- Breakfast opening till 11:00AM
- Lunch starts at 11:00AM
- Dinner starts at 4:30PM
- Weekend Continental Breakfast at Harris Millis Dining opening till 11AM followed by Brunch
- Weekend Brunch starts at 10AM at Central Campus Dining and Redstone Dining
- All traditional dining halls will close for one hour between lunch and dinner at the following times:
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- Harris Millis Dining:2:30PM - 3:30PM
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- We are launching a new mobile ordering app for fall 2022, more information coming soon! Bite U will no longer be supported.
- We welcome refillable mugs up to 24 ounces in our UVM Dining retail locations only. Save 25 cents off the price of a large coffee when you use your own mug!
- We ask you limit your purchases to $50 per transaction ($150 per day); please budget accordingly.
- All students have the ability to switch meal plans (form in quick links) during the first two weeks of each semester. For fall semester this must be completed by September 12, 2022 by 4PM. Learn more about our All Access Plan, Flex Plan, and Retail Point Plan.
- The Davis Center Marketplace is now open for dinner Monday - Thursday till 8PM (dinner starts at 4:30PM).
- Northside Dining is a micro-market that offers select hot entree options at breakfast, dinner, and brunch on the weekends. It also includes reheatable entrees, sandwiches, salads, coffee, tea, beverages, and more! Students may use one "Meal" swipe once per meal period (or pay the door price with Retail Points) to select up to five items (limited to one entree). The dining room is open for students to sit and enjoy their meal with friends. Northside Dining closes daily 2:30PM - 3:30PM.
- Redstone Dining will be open for dinner and weekend brunch; this change allows us to reallocate staff to our busiest locations and extend hours based on student feedback. To navigate this change we are introducing a take four program at Redstone Market.
- The Redstone Market, which sits next to Redstone Dining, now allows students to use one "Meal" swipe, once per meal period at breakfast and lunch, Monday - Friday, to select up to four items (limited to one entree). This location offers select hot entrees, deli, salad bar, soup, coffee, tea, and an abundance of grab-and-go items. Redstone Dining Hall will be open for seating for those that wish to dine-in. Please refer to signage located inside the dining location for what items are available.
- Waterman Cafe and Waterman Manor will remain closed.
- Stay tuned, more coming soon!
We're hosting local restaurant or food truck at Brennan's starting mid-September. Join us for these pop-up events for an additional lunchtime option. Retail Points, CAT$cratch, and Debit/Credit cards accepted. Stay tuned for more information coming soon along with other food pop-ups events around campus.
Meal Exchange allows a student to use up to two "Meal" swipes per week Monday - Thursday at The Marketplace (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and The University Marche (lunch and dinner).
- Meal Exchange Hours: Breakfast opening till 10:30AM, Lunch 11AM - 3PM and Dinner 5PM to close.
- One Meal swipe equals one featured entree, one side and one beverage.
- The two "Meal" swipes will reset every Monday; they do not roll over week to week (Guest Meals not valid).
- Please inform your cashier you are using a "Meal" vs your Retail Points.
- Signage is located inside the dining location for what items are available through the Meal Exchange program.
We are committed to reducing single-use packaging, minimizing our impact on the environment. We have invested heavily in our EcoWare carryout program, purchasing new reusable containers. To keep this option available, we must have these containers returned regularly. EcoWare is approved by the Department of Health and properly sanitized by UVM Dining.
All first-year and transfer students will receive one complimentary EcoWare membership (cow tag) to participate in the program. Cow tags can be picked up at the EcoWare tabling events in the dining halls for the first few weeks of classes or anytime at a UVM Dining cash register. If you lose your EcoWare cow tag or container, you will need to buy back into the program for $7.50 payable with Retail Points, Cat$cratch, or credit/debit at the register.
Visit our Sustainability webpage to learn how it works!