UVM Dining has always prioritized the health and safety of our guests and staff. We adhere to the Vermont Department of Health regulations, the University’s Green and Gold Promise and Our Common Ground. Please understand that there may be modifications; refer back often for updated guidelines and info.
- Your CatCard is for your own personal use only.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed into our traditional dining halls or retail spaces.
- Our dining stations are full-service and self-service; as a reminder all students must bring a clean plate or cup to the station with each visit.
- There is no refilling of personal beverage containers in the traditional dining hall locations; water refilling stations are located around campus.
- In the UVM Dining retail locations we ask you limit your purchases to $50 per transaction ($150 per day); please budget accordingly.
- Service animals allowed, no pets.
- Shoes and Shirt required.
- Traditional Dining Halls accept the following tenders: Meals, Retail Points, CAT$cratch, Credit and Debit cards (no cash)
- Retail Locations accept the following tenders: Retail Points, CAT$cratch, Credit and Debit cards, and Cash (cash accepted Given Bistro and The Marketplace only)
- Our traditional dining halls are for dine-in or a meal to-go using EcoWare. Meal periods start at the following times:
- Breakfast opening till 11:00AM
- Lunch starts at 11:00AM
- Dinner starts at 4:30PM
- Weekend Continental Breakfast at Harris Millis Dining opening till 10AM followed by Brunch
- Weekend Brunch starts at 10AM at Central Campus Dining and Redstone Dining
- All traditional dining halls will close for one hour between lunch and dinner at the following times:
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- Harris Millis Dining:2:30PM - 3:30PM
- Central Campus Dining: 3:30PM - 4:30PM
- All students have the ability to switch meal plans during the first two weeks of each semester. For spring semester this must be completed by January 30, 2023 by 4PM. Learn more about our All Access Plan, Flex Plan, and Retail Point Plan.
- Running low on Retail Points? Points can be added at anytime through our "Shop." Additional Retail Points added on to your account receive a 10% discount at the register when making food or beverages purchases at any UVM Dining retail location (Campus Perk, Given Bistro, Redstone Market, The Marketplace, University Marche, UVM Dairy Bar, and Waterman Cafe). The balance of those additional points will rollover semester to semester as long as you are enrolled at UVM.
- EcoWare is one of our signature sustainability programs on-campus, learn how it works.
- We welcome refillable mugs up to 24 ounces in our UVM Dining retail locations only. Save 25 cents off the price of a large coffee when you use your own mug!
- Campuswide: Mobile ordering is available through the Everyday app at the following locations: Campus Perk, Given Bistro, Redstone Market, Skinny Pancake, University Marche and UVM Dairy Bar.
- Central Campus Dining second entrance (library side) is open Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 3:30PM. Students may use their Meal Swipes or Off-Campus Block Meals only. Please use the main entrance for EcoWare, guest swipes, Retail Points and credit/debit cards.
- The Davis Center Marketplace is open for dinner Monday - Thursday till 8PM (dinner starts at 4:30PM).
- Simple Servings at Harris Millis Dining is open Monday - Friday 11AM - 9:30PM and Saturday - Sunday 11A - 8PM (Harris Millis is closed 2:30PM - 3:30PM daily).
- Simple Servings at Central Campus Dining is open Monday - Thursday 11AM - 8:30PM, Friday 11AM - 3:30PM, and Sunday 11A - 8PM (Central Campus is closed 3:30PM - 4:30PM daily).
- Four at Redstone Dining is open Monday - Wednesday 4:30PM - 8:30PM and Sunday Noon - 3:30 and 4:30PM -8PM.
- Waterman Cafe is open 7:30AM - 1:00PM Monday - Friday. Waterman Manor will remain closed.
The Dish newsletter will offer weekly bites of campus dining info served directly to your inbox. You'll receive fresh baked info about FREE events, an early look at that week’s #WinItWednesday prize, wellness and sustainability tips, a monthly nutrition newsletter, and more!
Click to view in your browser
Meal Exchange allows a resident on-campus student to use up to two "Meal" swipes per week Monday - Thursday at The Marketplace (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and The University Marche (lunch and dinner).
- Meal Exchange Marketplace Hours: Breakfast opening till 10:30AM, Lunch 11AM - 3:00PM and Dinner 4:30PM to close.
- Meal Exchange University Marche Hours: Lunch 11AM - 3PM and Dinner 5PM to close.
- One Meal swipe equals one featured entree, one side and one beverage.
- The two "Meal" swipes will reset every Monday; they do not roll over week to week (Guest Meals not valid).
- Please inform your cashier you are using a "Meal" vs your Retail Points.
- Signage is located inside the dining location for what items are available through the Meal Exchange program.
Trinity On-Campus Students:
- Northside Dining located on Trinity Campus is a micro-market that offers select hot entree options at breakfast, dinner, and brunch on the weekends. It also includes reheatable entrees, sandwiches, salads, coffee, tea, beverages, and more! Students may use one "Meal" swipe once per meal period (or pay the door price with Retail Points) to select up to five items (limited to one entree). The dining room is open for students to sit and enjoy their meal with friends. Northside Dining closes daily 2:30PM - 3:30PM.
- Redstone Dining is open for dinner and weekend brunch; this change allows us to reallocate staff to our busiest locations and extend hours based on student feedback. To navigate this change we launched the Take Four program at Redstone Market.
- The Redstone Market, which sits next to Redstone Dining, allows Redstone on-campus residents to use one "Meal" swipe, once per meal period at breakfast and lunch, Monday - Friday, to select up to four items (limited to one entree). This location offers select hot entrees, deli, soup, coffee, tea, and an abundance of grab-and-go items. Redstone Dining Hall is open for seating (Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4-PM) for those that wish to dine-in or in the Redstone Market. Please refer to signage located inside the dining location for what items are available.
- Farmers and Foragers; 11AM - 3PM - menu
If you are not well enough to go to a dining facility, you can authorize a friend to use your meal plan to pick up a meal for you by completing the Sick Meal Plan Access Authorization Form.
Please refer to our Nutrition webpage for more information.