Dining is more than great food. It is a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility. Our team is committed to creating the best possible dining experience for everyone. We want to ensure you feel comfortable and confident navigating our dining spaces. Below are helpful explanations for common terms used through UVM Dining Locations, print documents and digital assets you will see across your campus experience.
One Block Meal equals an entry into one of our three traditional (all-you-care-to-eat) dining hall. Block Meals can be purchased from the “Shop” at UVMdining.sodexomyway.com in increments of: 30, 50, 75, 100, 125 or 150. Unused Block Meals roll over from the fall to spring semester. Any unused Block Meals not used by May 10, 2024, expire and are nontransferable and non-refundable.
EcoWare, our reusable takeout container program, helps minimize the use of single-use containers and increases the flexibility of meal plans by allowing meals to-go from our dining halls. UVM Dining is committed to reducing packaging waste and has had an EcoWare program since 2011. EcoWare is one of our signature sustainability programs on-campus, learn how it works.
Guest Meals are available to treat a friend or family member to a meal in our traditional (all- you-care-to-eat) dining halls.
Local foods are those grown or manufactured in Vermont.
One “Meal” is a Meal Swipe that allows entry into our traditional (all-you-care-to-eat) dining halls for dine-in or a meal to-go using our signature EcoWare program.
The Meal Exchange is available to on campus-students only to use up to two Meal Swipes per week Monday - Friday in a retail location
- Meal Exchanges are when a Meal Swipe is allowed to be used in a retail location for an entrée, side and a beverage.
- Refer to signage inside each location to learn about what entrees and sides are included.
- These can be used twice a week, Monday-Friday.
- Redstone residents will receive an additional three to be used at Redstone Market.
- Meal Exchange Swipes reset every Monday and do not roll over week to week.
- Use them at the following locations and times:
- Green Roof Deli (Lunch, M-F & Dinner, M-Th)
- The Marketplace (Breakfast & Lunch)
- Redstone Market (Lunch)
- University Marché (Lunch & Dinner)
Plant-based = no meat or animal by-products, but can include white sugar and honey.
One Retail Point is valued at one dollar. The Retail Point Plan acts as a declining balance account and can be used at any location on-campus, including our traditional dining halls, by paying the door price.
- Unused Retail Points: The balance of your Retail Points roll over semester to semester, year to year, as long as you are enrolled at UVM.
- Adding Retail Points: Retail Points can be added to your account any time by clicking Shop in our website navigation
Our traditional dining halls (Central Campus, Harris Millis, and Redstone Dining) are all-you-care-to-eat or you may take a meal to go using our Ecoware program